Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Digs, New Gig!

I'm thrilled and proud to announce that I've recently stepped into a role as Managing Editor of The House Next Door, the official blog of Slant Magazine. It's a terrific gig with a terrific group of guys who've been enormously helpful with both my transition to New York and the advancement of my career (many thanks, as always, Keith and Ed). Since starting the position Oct. 1, I've introduced two new columns: Poster Lab, which dissects posters of buzzworthy films, and Oscar Prospects, which breaks down the Oscar chances of a different film each week. Below are links to the pieces I've done thus far. Please check out The House Next Door regularly to keep up with these articles and many more!


Oscar Prospects: "Carnage"
Poster Lab: "Shame"
Oscar Prospects: "Moneyball"
Poster Lab: "The Iron Lady" and "J. Edgar"
Oscar Prospects: "The Artist"
Poster Lab: "Young Adult"
Oscar Prospects: "The Help"

No comments: